Southeastern Grocers is committed to a culture of belonging and fostering an inclusive environment where we celebrate differences. As a great place to work, we empower everyone to be their full, authentic selves. Read our Belonging, Inclusion and Diversity Statement here.
Information Security Analyst
The Information Security Analyst develops and administers data integrity standards, authentication and authenticity standards, technical controls, and related network protection plans and protocols. This role helps define security policies, processes and standards to ensure that security configurations are maintained.
% Of Time
Operates security-related software (e.g., endpoint security, encryption, assessment scan tools, intrusion detection, proxy, etc.) to maintain security and service continuity.
Develops security processes and procedures, to ensure security controls are managed and maintained and promotes compliance with information security requirements.
Review and analyze security event data to identify trends, baselines, commonalities, and anomalies indicative of malicious activity.
Assists with investigations of security events to determine issues, breaches, and remediation steps.
Ensures all SEG networks have adequate security to prevent unauthorized access.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Course of Study
Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, or combined work and relevant academic experience.
Course of Study
6 - 10 yrs minimum
No Supervisory Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
• 6+ years of experience in IT, with 3+ years in an information security role.
• Experience in the evaluation of new technology and security threats
• Knowledge concerning issues of privacy and the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey complex and detailed technical information.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks as assigned while adhering to strict deadlines.
• An innovative self-starter with the initiative to learn new processes.
• Solid organizational, analytical, problem-solving and time management skills.
• Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred
• Experience in multi-platform environments.
• Preferred Certifications: CEH; CompTIA Network+; CPT; CEPT; CWAPT; CREA; COMPTIA Security+; Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security.
SSC Light: Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands or fingers to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or controls, talk, see, hear and perform repetitive movements with both hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk on carpet, tile or concrete Working Conditions: Majority of the time will be spent indoors in a traditional office environment. Safety Risk Factors: The employee is rarely required to twist back and/or neck and walk on a slippery or cluttered floor surface. Overall Required Equipment a personal computer, telephone, printer, copy machine, fax machine and other general office supplies and equipment. Pulling Requirement 20 lbs. Lifting Requirement 20 lbs.