Southeastern Grocers is committed to a culture of belonging and fostering an inclusive environment where we celebrate differences. As a great place to work, we empower everyone to be their full, authentic selves. Read our Belonging, Inclusion and Diversity Statement here.
Region Asset Protection Manager
Responsible for managing asset protection programs designed to minimize shrink, associate and customer liability accidents, bad check and cash loss, and safety incidents for stores within assigned region. This position will develop the framework for the groups’ response to critical incidents, investigative needs, safety concerns and regulatory agency visits.
1. Manage and drive the company asset protection program for the assigned region. Review operational practices relating to the execution of controls designed to minimize liability and ensure the appropriate countermeasures have been deployed in especially problematic stores and that those measures are utilized according to policy. Leverage POS exception reporting tools to identify situations where focus should be placed in region and providing feedback on operational deficiencies in stores. This role will ensure that asset protection associates are appropriately trained to instruct store management in the monitoring, performance and training of contracted security/law enforcement personnel for assigned stores. The role will ensure adherence to established policies and procedures throughout the region.
2. Provide guidance and leadership throughout all stages of Southeastern Grocer’s Internal Theft and Organized Retail Crime investigations, including overnight surveillance, covert camera installations, and all investigations through completion to include the interviewing of team members, vendors and contractors. Ensure all investigations are conducted using all legal means necessary and within the framework of established department investigative policies and procedures. Develop analyst team to work with store management to identify the root causes of inventory shrink within assigned region; develop innovative solutions to minimize exposure and execute appropriate asset protection countermeasures to mitigate risks and drive shrink reduction.
3. Develop relationships and partnerships with asset protection vendor community and command rank law enforcement officials. Establish self in loss prevention professional community to continue development and bring industry best practices into use in region.
4. Manage response to all critical incidents in the assigned area of responsibility; conduct critical incident investigations timely and thoroughly and ensure those investigations are well documented.
5. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or 4 years additional relevant work experience
Course of Study:
Criminal Justice, Business Administration
Course of Study:
Same as above.
6 - 10 yrs minimum
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, business administration or related field or at least four (4) years’ experience in asset protection/loss prevention, forensic accounting, auditing or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· PC skills including working knowledge and proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications.
· Possess a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
· Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
· Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
· Experience with Hyperion and PeopleSoft.
· Certified Forensic Interviewers (CFI)/Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE)/Certified Protection Professional (CPP) designation.
Store Support Center
While performing the essential functions of this position, the associate is regularly (67-100%) required to sit, use hands or fingers to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or controls, talk, see, hear and perform repetitive movements with both hands. The employee is occassionally (1-33%) required to stand or walk on carpet, tile or concrete, carry, push, lift or pull up to 10 lbs.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is typically not substantially exposed to adverse working conditions.
Safety Risk Factors:
The employee is occassionally (1-33%) required to twist back and/or neck and walk on a slippery or cluttered floor surface.
Equipment, Tools, etc.:
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee will be required to utilize a personal computer, telephone, printer, copy machine, facsimile machine and other general office supplies and equipment.